Monday, May 21, 2012

Just a little DIY



Hi everyone!  Sorry I've been sort of MIA for a bit.  I had a TON going on this weekend...
I won't bore you with my insane list of things I had to do, but I thought I'd share with you the end result to one of them. 

My boyfriends sister and brother in-law are expecting their first child this July, and the baby shower was yesterday.  When I was asked to do the favors, the inner child in me was jumping up and down!  I LOVE fun projects like this!  I knew I couldn't fill a bag with candy and call it a day.  That's just not my style. So, the shower had a baby jungle animal theme, and the first thing that came to mind was monkeys.  Monkeys and bananas.  Hmm, bananas? Ah ha! Banana bread!

I followed this recipe.
Used this punch with Recollections "Monkeying Around" Scrapbook paper from Michaels
These adorable little clothes pins
Orange yarn from Wal-mart
Parchment paper from the local grocery store
Random yellow fabric found at Jo Mar
Regular plastic wrap

I made 7 regular sized batches of bread, which made about 28 mini loaves.  I can't even tell you how many bananas I had to use. If I had to guess, I'd say a crap load 30 something.  It was definitely a little overwhelming, but was happy I could pull it off in the end!

1 comment:

  1. not only were they cute, but super yummy too! (Will agrees lol).
    Can't wait for the 1st!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete